Series: Financial Leadership for Board Members
Thursday, April 20, 2023 (2:00 PM - 3:15 PM) (EDT)
2-part series: Thursdays, April 20 & 27 - 2:00-3:15pm ET
This course is built for board members that want a foundation in nonprofit finance in order to better serve their mission and fiduciary obligations. Whether you are a first-time board member or seasoned treasurer, this two-part series offers clarity and guidance for how to focus on what matters.
April 20th | Nonprofit Financial Leadership Overview
This session will enable participants to:
- Explain nonprofit finance basics to their fellow board members
- Identify elements of fiscally healthy and unhealthy organizations
- Recognize board level responsibilities in maintaining a strong financial position
April 27th | Effective Structures for Fiscal Oversight
This session will prepare participants to:
- Identify primary aims of a strong finance committee
- Develop better communication methods between staff, finance committee members, and the general board
- Recognize how to provide the right level of information for boards to feel confident in navigating financial conversations
This training aligns with MNA’s beliefs that high performing boards operate at a high level, that financial health and stability can enhance mission impact, and with a preference towards full cost accounting systems.
All sessions will be recorded and available for attendees to access, along with all session resources, for six months after the event.
Offered by our partners at Montana Nonprofit Association
KNN Members: $45 individual / $75 Whole Org Registration (invite as many members of your team and board as you'd like to participate for one flat rate)
Potential Members: $90 individual / $150 Whole Org Registration (invite as many members of your team and board as you'd like to participate for one flat rate)
Not yet a KNN member? Join now and SAVE!
Webinar - Live
Shared Webinar - National Council of Nonprofits