Online Series: Board Governance
KNN Members: $95 individual / $150 Whole Org Registration (invite as many members of your team and board as you'd like to participate for one flat rate)
Potential Members: $190 individual / $300 Whole Org Registration (invite as many members of your team and board as you'd like to participate for one flat rate)
Not yet a KNN member? Join now and SAVE!
5-webinar series: Webinars will take place Tuesdays March 8 – April 5, 1:00-2:15pm ET
Legal responsibilities, strategic vision, financial stewardship...Board Members have a lot on their plates. Whether you are a seasoned board member or a new recruit, this workshop will cover all you need to know to become an excellent board member. Join us for this webinar series to make the most of your board term.
Participants in this workshop will leave with:
- An understanding of board legal responsibilities, duties, and roles
- Tools to govern better as a body, including best practices in board structure, recruitment, relationships, and running meetings
- Opportunity to reflect on current board structure and dynamics, with identified areas to improve
- Access to a resource library with sample policies, templates, and further reading to aid in strengthening your board
- March 8 | Board Basics + Responsibilities
- March 15 | Board Structure + Meetings Part 1
- March 22 | Board Structure + Meetings Part 2
- March 29 | Board Culture + Board/Staff Dynamics
- April 5 | Recruiting + Onboarding Board Members
Who Should Attend: Nonprofit leadership teams, board members, board chairs, prospective board members, or any team members interested in better understanding the best principles of board governance
All sessions will be recorded and the recording will be available to all registered participants. Participants who are unable to attend one or more of the sessions will still have access to all course materials.
We are committed to making our online courses as accessible as possible to all learners. Please contact us with any concerns or requests.
Offered by our partners at Montana Nonprofit Association.
About the Presenter: Liz Moore, Executive Director of Montana Nonprofit Association
Liz Moore, MNM, has been the Executive Director for Montana Nonprofit Association (MNA) since 2011. During that time she has lobbied and advocated extensively at the state and federal levels on behalf of Montana’s nonprofit sector. In addition to working with MNA’s Public Policy Council to lead MNA’s policy efforts, she serves on the Board of the National Council of Nonprofits. In that role she serves as the chair of the National Council’s Public Policy Committee. Liz is also an adjunct professor for the University of Montana, teaching Nonprofit Policy and Advocacy in the Masters of Public Administration Program