Online Program: The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint
KNN Members: $197 for entire course ($100 discount!).
*Enroll 2 additional team members for free with one paid registration - 3 registrations for the price of 1!
Potential Members: $297 for entire course
Join KNN today and SAVE!
A 10-Session, Self-Paced, Online Video Program
(8 weekly video training sessions and 2 Q&A weeks)
August 24-October 26
In The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint, learn grantwriting from a grantmaker online, at your own pace, and with your own team!
KNN is proud to partner again with GrantsMagic U to bring you The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint: Your Step-By-Step Roadmap and Build-It-Yourself Toolkit for Crafting an A+ Proposal. In this comprehensive, on-your-own-schedule video-based program, veteran grant writer, grant consultant, and grantmaker Maryn Boess pulls back the curtain on what it really takes to be successful in the grants world and shares hundreds of tried-and-tested tools, strategies, how-to's and "insider's tips" to take you to your next level of grants success - no matter where you're starting out.
Here’s a summary of what you and your team get when you sign up:
- First, you get the full 10-session online program, including eight 2-hour video sessions that you and your team can view on your own schedule; all the handouts; and your session-by-session program workbook-slash-resource guide that you’ll turn to again and again in the months and years to come.
- And you get lifetime access to all the program materials – any time, anywhere.
- You get 3 live group Q&A calls with instructor and veteran grantmaker Maryn Boess – exclusively for Blueprint students – two during the program and one after it wraps up.
- You get lifetime membership in GrantsMagic U’s exclusive “Ask Anything” Facebook community, where you can share with your fellow grads and ask me – well – anything!
- And you get a free bonus class, “Making Friends with Funders: What Grantmakers Want Every Grantseeker to Know – Before Submitting A Proposal!”
Your complete 10-session program schedule - What to expect, and when:
Part A. Starting Right Where You Are - Right Now - (Session 1, released August 24)
This first session is all about meeting you right where you are – wherever you’re starting out - and getting you ramped up and ready for the journey ahead. We begin by “packing your travel bag” – getting you grounded in the powerful concepts and paradigms we’ll be exploring together – the very big big-picture thinking at the heart of The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint.
Part B. Your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint, Unpacked - (Sessions 2-7, released weekly through October 26)
Over these six sessions you’ll be taking a deep dive, one at a time, into each of the key sections of your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint – each of the Essential Planning Questions. Building on the framework we laid out in Part A, you’ll work with checklists, planning tools, formulas, and fill-in-the-blanks templates that guide you step by step through exactly how to shape the details that bring your project to life and create a clear, compelling proposal.
Session 2: What's the Problem? - Crafting a Statement of Issue, Need, or Opportunity that's Clear, Compelling - and Completely Irresistible.
- We begin by laying the foundation for our entire proposal with the statement of need or opportunity - what I call "the engine of the proposal." We'll meet Grumpy Grantmaker - and you'll learn three words that can quickly take you into the deepest, most compelling, most motivating heart of the issue - what really matters most.
Session 3: Impact Outcomes: Where Do We Want to End Up? or, Let's Visit Emerald City!
- What is the positive future vision we're inviting our grantmaking partners to step into with us? What does our finish line look like? Here we'll work with a fill-in-the-blanks model for making sure our outcomes statements are S-M-A-R-T-? (No, the acronym doesn't stand for what you're thinking. And yes, that question mark is intentional.)
Get It Done Week / Students-Only Q&A Call
Session 4: Work Plan/Partnership: ... How Will We Get from Where We Are to Where We Want to Be?
- When it comes to building that bridge to our positive future, the key is making sure nothing gets left out. We'll work with tools that help you and your team frame out your work plan, step by step. You'll also learn why I call partnership "the greatest amplifier and accelerator of your grants success" ... and how to make it work for your community.
Session 5: The Essential Evaluation Toolkit: How Are We Doing . . . and Why Does It Matter, Anyway?
- I'm not supposed to have a favorite section ... and I love them all ... but still ... This is where we get to take a look at Logic Models in a whole new way as I show you how to build a rock-solid Logic Model to support your project planning, management and evaluation. (Who knows? You may come to love them as much as I do!)
Session 6: Building an Unbreakable Project Budget - Guaranteed!
- Here I’ll introduce you to the ground-breaking concept of “The Total-Value Budget.” We'll also do a complete, step-by-step walk-through of budget-building using one of the Blueprint's most powerful planning tools. I promise, you’ll never think of budgeting the same way again.
Get It Done Week / Students-Only Q&A Call
Session 7: The Summary – What’s This All About – Quickly? – and The Credibility Statement: Who Are We and Why Should Anyone Trust Us?
- In our final week of Part B we circle back to our last two proposal sections. We'll look at how to "muscle up" the summary for the hard work it needs to do. And we'll explore exactly what grantmakers want - and need - to see in your proposal's organizational background or credibility statement, and why.
Part C. Turning Your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint ... into an A+ Proposal (Session 8, released October 26)
This final session covers how to transform your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint into an A+ proposal that matches the requirements of any given funder. We’ll cover the elements of good writing; what to think about when making formatting decisions; how to “read” an RFP; things to think about when working with an online proposal submission; and much, much more.
About Maryn Boess:
Over her 20+-year career in the nonprofit world, Maryn has been an on-staff program developer and grantwriter; an independent grants consultant; a grants project manager; a grants trainer; a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor and coach; and - yes - for the past 10 years, even a grantmaker. GrantsMagic U, launched in fall 2015, is the "virtual academy" she created to make her extensive portfolio of practical and inspiring trainings on successful grantsmanship available (and affordable!) for anyone, anytime, anywhere.