Nonprofits & New Sales Tax Requirements - Q&A with KY Department of Revenue
Thursday, January 5, 2023 (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM) (EST)
As a result of House Bill 8 in the 2022 legislative session of the Kentucky General Assembly, as of January 1, 2023, sales and use tax must be collected on some new services, including some services provided by charitable nonprofits. General categories of services being sold likely to impact some nonprofits include:
- parking services
- rental of space for meetings, entertainment events, weddings, short-term business and social events, etc.
- leisure, recreational, and athletic instructional services
- recreational camp tuition and fees
- personal fitness training
Officials from the Kentucky Department of Revenue join us for a free Q&A on January 5 to discuss the new law and answer questions about compliance.
You can access information from the Department here: Sales Tax on Services - TAXANSWERS (ky.gov). And with registration for this event, you will receive a recording of the call afterward, as well as free access to the following KNN recordings in your event confirmation email:
- Creating a New Sales and Use Tax Account
FREE for KNN members and potential members
PO Box 24362 PO Box 24362
Kentucky Nonprofit Network
Webinar - Live