Major Gifts: How to Find Them, How to Ask for Them, How to Steward Them
Friday, September 8, 2023 (12:15 PM - 4:30 PM) (EDT)
Join the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Bluegrass Chapter and the Kentucky Nonprofit Network (KNN) for a half-day mini-conference exclusively designed to help fundraising professionals hone their skills in finding, securing, stewarding, and retaining major gifts.
We know major gift fundraising is more than the ask itself—it takes comprehensive prospect research, strategic outreach, meaningful cultivation, relationship building, intentional timing, and strategic follow-up to ensure ongoing engagement. The sessions that make up this mini-conference will expertly guide attendees through this intricate process, providing insights, strategies, and practical tips to fine-tune your approach and improve outcomes as you walk toward major gifts.
- 11:45 Check In Begins
- 12:15 Buffet Lunch & Networking
- 1:00 How to Find Major Gifts presented by Carl Williams, President & CEO, 20/Twenty Strategic Consultants
- 2:00 How to Ask for Major Gifts presented by Tim Burcham, Founder, Burcham Solutions
- 2:45 Practicing and Fine-Tuning the Ask facilitated by experienced fundraising professionals
- 3:15 How to Steward Major Gifts…and Keep Them!Panel discussion featuring:
- Marcy Ansley, Lexington Hearing & Speech
- Megan Lincavage, Sutherland & Associates
- Lori Matthews, Baptist Health Foundation
- Susan Ware, Transylvania University
- Moderator: Carrie Thayer Cardwell, Communications by Carrie, LLC
- 4:00 Happy Hour (small bites and one drink ticket included; cash bar)
- If you are a KNN member, please click the REGISTER button, then follow prompts to login to secure your KNN member rate - firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are an AFP member, please register at bit.ly/MajorGiftsAFP
- If you are not yet a member of KNN or AFP (or if you are a member of both!), you can register at either site listed above. Or join KNN now to SAVE!
Sponsored by 20/twenty Strategic Consulting
KNN or AFP Members (individual registration): $65
Potential Members (individual registration): $80
Not yet a KNN member? Join now and SAVE!
201 E Main St, #1500
Lexington, KY 40507 United States
Kentucky Nonprofit Network