KNN Listening Session: Equity and Diversity in Volunteerism
FREE for KNN members and potential members
Let us hear from you!
As a follow up to KNN's Nonprofit Racial Equity Task Force's release of the results of the Racial Equity in Kentucky's Nonprofit Sector Report, we are hosting a series of listening sessions to continue exploring issues and opportunities related to racial equity.
The goal of this work is to effectively engage with communities we serve to create a more sustainable and equitable future. In this listening session, we will discuss racial equity and diversity in volunteerism. We are eager to hear from YOU on the challenges, opportunities, experiences, and recommendations that will help our nonprofit sector diversify our volunteers to improve client trust and community engagement. We invite ALL to join us for these listening sessions and especially hope to hear from:
- smaller organizations
- nonprofit leaders of color
- organization's just beginning to develop diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategies
- organizations seeking to understand the business case for DEI
- organizations already championing this work who are willing to share their strategies, successes and missteps with other nonprofits
- organizations who are seeking to understand the business case of DEI
- board members
As valued and recognized leaders in communities across Kentucky, nonprofits can play an essential role in engaging Kentuckians in the movement for social and racial equity. KNN invites nonprofits to join them and the Task Force in learning, taking action, and leading change.
ALL nonprofit staff, board members, and volunteers are invited to join us and we hope you will spread the word to others!