KNN Listening Session: Equity and Diversity in Board Governance
FREE for KNN members and potential members
Let us hear from you!
Nonprofit organizations engage with communities to create a more sustainable, equitable future. As the state association of charitable nonprofits, committed to our mission of empowering nonprofits to strengthen Kentucky, Kentucky Nonprofit Network (KNN) saw an important opportunity to lead efforts and partner with nonprofits to address the racial inequities in and inherent with our sector. To guide us in this work, KNN convened the Nonprofit Racial Equity Task Force in January 2021. With the expert counsel of our partners at the firm Decide Diversity, the Task Force was charged with a comprehensive survey to collect Kentucky-specific data on the current state of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts in the nonprofit sector.
As valued and recognized leaders in communities across Kentucky, nonprofits can play an essential role in engaging Kentuckians in the movement for social and racial equity. KNN invites nonprofits to join them and the Task Force in learning, taking action, and leading change.
Join KNN's Racial Equity Task Force on a listening tour as we continue exploring issues related to equity in Kentucky's nonprofit sector.
In this listening session, we will discuss equity in board governance. We are eager to hear from YOU on the challenges, opportunities, experiences, and recommendations that will help our nonprofit sector improve diversity on our boards of directors.Our goal is to gain the perspective of all sectors of the nonprofit community, especially:
- Organizations with staff less than 10
- Nonprofit leaders of color
- Organizations who are just beginning to develop their DEI strategies, and
- Organizations who are seeking to understand the business case of DEI
ALL nonprofit staff, board members, and volunteers are invited to join us!
Mark your calendar and join us for all 4 listening sessions:
- Equity and Diversity in Board Governance - Thursday, May 13 at 2pm ET
- Equity and Diversity in Staffing - Thursday, May 20 at 2pm ET
- Equity and Diversity in Programming - Thursday, May 27 at 2pm ET
- Equity and Diversity in Volunteerism - Thursday, June 3 at 2pm ET