Equity Readiness Workshop
Wednesday, November 15, 2023 (11:00 AM - 6:00 PM) (EST)
Organizations all over the country have been making commitments to improve their organization’s equity, diversity, belonging, justice, and inclusion framework. Some successfully achieved aspects of their commitment, others have encountered roadblocks they did not foresee, and some have just plain stopped their process due to numerous challenges or obstacles during the implementation process. This practice has found that many lack the leadership fundamentals, strategies, and tools to integrate this work into their organizational culture successfully. What is important to consider is that one cannot just slip into equity work. The organization should recognize its history, define its why’s for this work and acknowledge the journey ahead will take time.
Equity work with your selected acronyms (EDI, DEI, RJEDI, IDEA, etc.) is much more than writing a statement, creating beautiful core values, and participating in a few training courses. Equity work can feel like an abstract painting for everyone to figure out their own interpretation. For real change to happen, leaders must commit to understanding their own personal readiness in leading, participating, and affecting change in this work. This is a thoughtful journey that demands time, patience, diligence, and self-work.
Through a series of on-demand, pre-work videos, and a virtual live workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop opportunities for personal growth and learning specific to participants’ own lived experiences.
- Develop clarity around how your selected equity acronyms can positively influence and impact everyone’s lives.
- Define where their organization is in its equity lifecycle and readiness upon completion of the Equity Readiness Organizational Capacity Assessment
- Understand how 3’s (Culture- Change Management- Cocreation) play a critical role in equity practice in the way we work in teams and within the workplace
- Gain a better understanding of how they personally and confidently can lead their organization through its equity practices and strategy.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals, departments, and teams from nonprofit organizations (if registering as a team or department from a nonprofit organization, you are limited to 5 individuals maximum, with a balance of staff and board.)
- If registering as an individual, please note that there will be group activities; we empower you to be vulnerable and share as much as you are willing to within your group.
- The CEO/Executive Director is highly encouraged to attend; if a nonprofit organization’s CEO/Executive Director is attending, inviting other individuals from the organization may include Program Director, Human Resources, EDI Manager, Board Governance Chair, Other Board Members, etc.
- If your organization does not have a CEO/ED, then the Board Chair is highly encouraged to attend.
This session is open to all nonprofit organizations, regardless of where they are at in their equity journey. Please join us even if you are providing equity programming or are currently working with an EDI consultant.
Offered by our partners at AZ Impact for Good
KNN Members: $129 (Login to the MIC and click on "KNN Member Discount Codes & Benefits" to access the discount codes. Emailus@kynonprofits.org if you need assistance accessing the discount code.)
Potential Members: $169
Not yet a KNN member? Join now and SAVE!
Shared Webinar - National Council of Nonprofits