Creating Accessible Website Content
Thursday, January 19, 2023 (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (EST)
Having an accessible website is a moral obligation and often a legal one, too. Website content managers have a responsibility to make their message available to the widest possible audience, avoid legal issues, reach marketing goals, and most importantly, do the right thing.
Aten's accessibility expert, Michaela Blackham, will provide a step by step guide for content editors to create more accessible content for their website.
She will explain a number of important guidelines to reach compliance including:
- Writing effective alternative text for images
- Using infographics and charts appropriately
- Embedding videos properly
Content editors will leave feeling confident in creating and analyzing their content to comply with ADA best practices.
- Learn why accessible content is extremely important
- What the common issues found in content tend to be
- Discover ways to find and resolve or avoid these issues all together with a list of best practices to follow.
This workshop will be presented by Michaela Blackham, Accessibility & QA Specialist at Aten Design Group
Offered by our partner, Nonprofit New York
To view more information about the webinar, click the REGISTER NOW BUTTON!
Potential Members: $25
Not yet a KNN member? Join now and SAVE!
KNN Event for Web Widget
Webinar - Live
Shared Webinar - National Council of Nonprofits