Friday, September 15, 2023 (2:00 PM - 3:30 PM) (EDT)
- September 15, 2-3:30pm ET
- September 22, 2-3:30pm ET
- September 29, 2-3:30pm ET
The Board Series highlights the central best practices of building and maintaining a healthy board of directors for any nonprofit. The Board Series is designed to lead participants through the process of board recruitment, engagement, and renewal in 3 separate, 1.5 hour sessions.
*There is also an option to register for each session individually if you do not want to take part in the entire series.
9/15 Session 1: Recruitment
- In the first session of the Series, we focus on the steps to recruit a diverse, talented board. We cover creating and using a board matrix to identify gaps on the board, ways to cultivate a pool of strong candidates, and methods for vetting, preparing, and nominating new members.
- Resources: Board Matrix, board member job description sample
9/22 Session 2: Engagement
- In the second session of the Series, we explore ways to genuinely engage and involve board members in governance rooted in the mission. We detail a holistic orientation process, concrete ways to involve new and seasoned board members, and topics for continuing education and development.
- Resources: board handbook sample, training topic examples
9/29 Session 3: Renewal
- In the final session of the Series, we champion the importance of embracing new ideas and energy. We offer two kinds of assessments to support evaluation processes and also ways to rotate (and even remove) board members. Last but not least, we discuss methods to celebrate success along the way.
- Resources: individual board member assessment, whole board assessment, sample bylaws/term limits
Offered by our partner, Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits
KNN Members: $200 for series of three sessions (or $75 for a single session) (Login to the MIC and click on "KNN Member Discount Codes & Benefits" to access the discount code.) Emailus@kynonprofits.org if you have issues accessing your code.
Potential Members: $400
Not yet a KNN member? Join now and SAVE!
Webinar - Live
Shared Webinar - National Council of Nonprofits